San José, Arenal, Punta Islita
8 days / 7 nights
Day 1 – Upon arrival, you will be met by an Ivantours representative. Transfer to Real Intercontinental San Jose Hotel for one night.
Room: Deluxe. Breakfast included.
Day 2 – At mid-morning, enjoy a private transfer to the famous Arenal Volcano Stay the next two nights at Tabacón Hot Springs & Spa.
Room: Superior. Breakfast is not included.
Stay: 2 nights.
Unlimited access to the hotel hot springs.
Tour: 1:30pm. Sky Trek, Sky Tram and Suspension Bridges.
Live a unique experience from the forest. Elevate in a gondola and see the rainforest from above. Slide down the canopy from tree to tree. Then, walking on hanging bridges suspended in the air. This adventure lasts about 3 hours.
Day 3 – Tabacon Hot Springs and Spa. Wake to the sound of the birds of the cloud forest and the crystal water stream.
Safari Float by Raft
Return at: 1:00pm
Float downriver by raft and enjoy both the pace and the peace of the river and its surrounding rainforest. The brilliant green of the river, the flashing blues of Costa Rica’s famous morpho butterflies, and the sight of numerous brightly colored birds make this an unforgettable trip. The sounds of wrens singing in duet, frogs calling, and monkeys chattering fill the air, while we scan the canopy, river, and quiet farmland to seek basking iguanas and the rich diversity of wildlife along the Rio Peñas Blancas.
The tour starts with a short 20 minute drive east of the river, where your guide will give you a brief paddling and safety lesson to ensure your safety and comfort on the river.
For the next 3 hours you will float downriver, enjoying the vast array of life surrounding the river, benefiting from the expertise of your guide in all areas of flora and fauna. You will also have the chance to observe the famous red poisonous frog as your guide takes you on a short walk to their home.
Then, after some more relaxation on the river, you will stop at a picturesque sandbank to stretch your legs, take a swim, or simply enjoy your surroundings. Also, you’ll enjoy a delicious fresh “river” lunch, prepared by your guide. Last but not least, you’ll finish your trip with a gentle paddle down the San Carlos River to a meeting point, from where you will be taken back to your hotel.
Includes: Transporation, guide, river lunch.
To bring: Swimsuit, tennis shoes or trekking, sandals, sunscreen, hat, water bottle.
Day 4 – Private transfer to the Guanacaste Northern Pacific Coast to the Hotel Punta Islita.
Stay: 3 nights.
Room: Deluxe. Breakfast included. 2 queen size bed.
Day 5 – Punta Islita. Days at leisure.
Day 6 – Punta Islita. Days at leisure.
Day 7 – Morning at your leisure. In the afternoon, enjoy a flight back to San José to the Real Intercontinental for your last night.
Hotel: Real Intercontinental
Room: Deluxe. Breakfast included.
Stay: 1 night.
Day 8 – Departure – Transfer to San José International Airport (SJO).
Total Price: $2590 USD per person on double occupancy.
This 7 night package includes:
- 2 nights in San José. Breakfast.
- 2 nights at the Tabacon Hot Springs Spa.
- 3 nights at the Punta Islita. Breakfast.
- Arial Tram and Suspension Bridges. Arenal.
- Safari Float by Raft. Lunch.
- Private transportation hotel to hotel.
- Airport private transportation.
- Flight from Punta Islita to San José.
- Tours are group (small group)
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Packages are based on availability; if there is no vacancy similar hotels will apply.
- Customers will be notified prior to any price change.
- All children rates vary according to age and will be priced by your travel agent.
- Room upgrades are applicable please inquire with your travel agent for pricing.
- Traveler should be in good physical condition for this package.
- For packages booked during Christmas and New Years there may be an extra cost for mandatory dinners and parties, please check with your travel agent to see if these dinners apply to this package.
Important note: Tours order will be subject to weather, tours are group.
Rates: Prices valid from January 10th – November 1, 2013. December holiday season, Eastern Week and New Year have different rates. Check with us for that season rates.